Current Project: Nursery Inspiration

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

When I started to pin and save photos for our "future nursery" a few years ago, it was always hypothetical and I had so many varying styles. I always thought a bright kid's room would be fun, but then again it didn't seem calming enough for a newborn. Then when we got pregnant, I started pinning gender neutral rooms that I knew could transition easily through the first few years. And then, we found out we were having a girl, I was instantly drawn to pink! What a surprise eh?
We have purchased some of the furniture and are hoping to paint this week and start getting the room ready for our sweet baby girl.  


The bright colours were so fun and I loved the vibrant feel it had, but I felt like we needed to go with a warmer palette. We'll save the Cool & Colourful theme for a toddler room rather than a nursery.


I liked the idea of something gender neutral, with warm wood tones and hints of a safari theme. A plush rug to cuddle up and play with baby and lots of fun art work would be the perfect place for our new babe.



When I saw this theme of neutrals with a pop of soft pink, I knew it was the perfect mix of modern and girly, and would create a calm space for baby. So, we went with the Soft Neutrals palette and I'm so excited to see it all come together.
 
You can find all of my nursery inspiration here!

Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 and is filed under ,,,,,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply

Thanks for your comment, I love getting your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All images are property of Little Red Purse unless referenced otherwise. Powered by Blogger.